Blog/20100209 Matterhorn 0.5 - start climbing
Opencast Matterhorn Release 0.5 - Start Climbing!
The Matterhorn team is very pleased to announce the release of Matterhorn 0.5, the alpha version of Opencast Matterhorn!
Opencast Matterhorn is a free, open source platform to support the management of educational audio and video content. Institutions will use Matterhorn to produce lecture recordings, manage existing video, serve designated distribution channels, and provide user interfaces to engage students with educational videos. The 0.5 alpha release offers institutions and individuals a preview of Matterhorn's functionality, namely:
- the basics to capture, encode, distribute, and play media
- accessible media player and its unique html/js/ajax and flash hybrid architecture
- administrative lecture capture tools
- lecture capture automation
- rss/atom feed catalog
- inexpensive media capture appliance
- workflow flexibility
2010-02-09 | Back to blog|