Maps/Transport for London
This page is about investigating (and where needed fixing) the representation of Transport for London on OpenStreetMap, see osm:London public transport tagging scheme. Also see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Public_transport (in German).
Some notes on tagging here: /tags.
1 Finding your way round
2 Subway entrance challenge
- Map Challenge 1 - underground entrances - this is essentially a "field based" challenge, to map more underground entrances.
3 Fixing data
Here are two more "armchair-based" challenges about organising the existing information.
- stations, entrances, etc not in relations (mostly done)
- stops not on relations (done)
- stations vs. stop_position
4 Mapping underground stations
5 Useful documents from TFL
6 Information elsewhere
The following is King's Cross centric, as I put this info together for Kings Cross originally, but you can use it to locate information about other stations.
- http://www.directenquiries.com/Base.aspx?company=King%27s%20Cross_St%20Pancras&companyid=74329&action=summary (Also available from this site http://www.inclusivelondon.com/defaultIL.aspx)
- 3D models of stations
- http://stations.aeracode.org for 3D models of some tube stations (Bank/Monument, King's Cross St. Pancras, Old Street, Oxford Circus, Shadwell, Seven Sisters, Walthamstow Central, West Silvertown). (Available under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/) The Twintubes map is also interesting.
- http://www.stationmasterapp.com/3dmaps.html - an iOS app with 3D maps for zone 1 stations - haven't looked at this beyond what they show on the site.
- TFL accessibiliy guidelines also provide information https://tfl.gov.uk/forms/12387.aspx:
- FOI request
(Off topic, but also interesting: https://soundcloud.com/transportforlondon/sets/audio-guide-december-2014 )