From Bjoern Hassler's website
Revision as of 21:34, 23 May 2011 by Bjoern (Created page with "= Selected publications and conference contributions = * A. A. El-Zant, '''B. Haßler''', “Dynamics of galaxies with triaxial haloes”, New Astronomy 3/7, pp. 493-537 (Oct, 19...")
Selected publications and conference contributions
- A. A. El-Zant, B. Haßler, “Dynamics of galaxies with triaxial haloes”, New Astronomy 3/7, pp. 493-537 (Oct, 1998).
- B. Haßler, “Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov-Bernard equations and applications to conformal field theory”, Diplomarbeit, Universität Hamburg (June 1998)
- P. Calay, P. Chambers, P. Edwards, B. Haßler, C. Hill, P. Kahn, “Increasing Student Involvement in their own Learning”, Proceedings of the Undergraduate Mathematics Teaching Conference 1999, Sheffield-Hallam University.
- B. Haßler, M. E. McIntyre, “On the Robustness of the Brewer-Dobson Circulation in the Tropical Stratosphere”, Proceedings of the Meteorology at the Millennium 150th Anniversary Conference of the Royal Meteorological Society, St. John's College, Cambridge, UK, 2000.
- R. Atkinson, M. Barry, B. Haßler, D. Quinney, “A research proposal on diagnostic testing”, Proceedings of the Undergraduate Mathematics Teaching Conference 2001, Birmingham University.
- B. Haßler, “The stratospheric circulation in the tropics”, PhD Thesis, DAMTP, December 2002.
- R. Atkinson, M. Barry, B. Haßler, D. Quinney, various contributions to the booklet "Diagnostic Testing for Maths" (2003), LTSN MathsTEAM, MSOR connections, Vol 3, No 2.
- B. Haßler, C. Warner, M. E. McIntyre, “Preliminary estimates of missing force magnitudes”, 1st General Assembly of the European Geophysical Union, Nice, 2004.
- B. Haßler, “Low Bandwidth Multimedia Streaming”, workshop contribution for “Optimization Technologies for Low-Bandwidth Networks”, ICTP-SDU, Trieste, 2006
- B. Haßler, “The future of information technology for education and e-learning”, contributions to report commissioned by the British Standards Institution, 2007
- B. Haßler, “Sustainability for Open Educational Resources”, contributions to report commissioned by the UK National Commission to UNESCO, to define policy and position on Open Educational Resources, 2007
- B. Haßler, "Bridging the Digital Divide: Rethinking Open Learning for a Global Audience", conference contribution, DIVERSE, 2007
- B. Haßler, “Multimedia”, chapter in “Web Design Guidelines for Low Bandwidth”, Aptivate (2007)
- Co-director of “Rich-media web streaming” at the Science Dissemination Unit of the UNESCO International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, 2007
- B. Haßler, “Digital Divide meets video-based learning: Video production, distribution, and use within the developing world”, contribution to 3. tele-TASK-Symposium - Von der Aufnahme zur virtuellen Bibliothek, at the Hasso-Plattner Institute, Potsdam (2008).
- B. Haßler, “Access to Open Educational Resource”, a report about the UNESCO Communities discussion about access issues. (In preparation, draft available here: http://oerwiki.iiep-unesco.org/index.php?title=Access2OER/Home .)
- B. Haßler, Alan McNeil Jackson, “Bridging the Bandwidth Gap: Open Educational Resources and the Digital Divide”, accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions On Learning Technologies, Special Issue On Open Educational Resources (edited by Erik Duval and David Wiley).