Difference between revisions of "Zotero/wishlist"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
* merging records while preserving both records in a note.
* merging records while preserving both records in a note .
* copy/paste of more metadata
* copy/paste of more metadata
Latest revision as of 09:14, 28 June 2020
Following on from the discussion on Zotfile features (https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/70061/annotation-round-trip-with-file-formats-other-than-pdf-zotfile) * is there a Zotero "wish list" somewhere? We could have some community discussion around new features, and then see what's on the roadmap, and what needs more funding?
1 Zotero core features:
duplicate saved searches (Edit 2019-03-06: this has been implemented* yay!) - DONE
- folders for saved searches (Edit 2019-03-06, also see: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/1027/organizing-saved-searches, https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/327205)
- forward/back navigation (Edit 2018-05-04: this is coming.)
* move between collections (rather than copy + then delete) adamsmith March 13, 2018: You can move items between collection holding a key during drag -* Cmd on OS X, Shift on Windows/Linux
- Added (2018-05-06): A bit more consistency between Zenodo and Zotero, i.e. introducing some selected items types, see https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/70784/zenodo-items-vs-zotero-items and https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/15636/changes-to-fields-and-item-types-for-zotero-5-1/p13.
- As many fields available as possible (across item typeS) to generate more consistency (across item types) * possibly with a setting called 'also show redundant fields' or 'also show fields that don't make sense for this item type'.
- All fields available for display in the middle column, such as abstract and DOI.
(Also c.f. post below)
2 Zotero/Zutilo(?) features:
- merging records while preserving both records in a note (2020-06-28, implemented in plugin: https://github.com/edtechhub/zotero-edtechhub)
- copy/paste of more metadata (2020-06-28, implemented in Zutilo: https://github.com/willsALMANJ/Zutilo)
3 Zotfile feature:
annotation extraction for other formats - too complex for now
extracting PDF annotations with features (e.g. text + text of inline comment) (Edit 2019-03-06: I kinda implemented this in a PR for ZotFile. PR has been accepted, new versions hasn't been published just et.) - done
Integration with google docs (Edit 2018-05-04: this is now available https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/71599/available-for-beta-testing-google-docs-integration)
Attaching PDFs (Edit 2018-05-04: copied items from thread below to here.):
- Ability to drag links from a web page onto a zotero item, to create attachments. E.g. here, https://creativecommons.org/2017/01/20/state-department-publishes-open-licensing-playbook-federal-agencies/, the connector gives me the blog post, but I then want to attach the two docs listed on the page.
- Additionally: "Save to Zotero" right click menu doesn't do anything (Chrome, OS X). So it would be great to have that too * I guess to create a new item, or ideally with an option: "Attach to selected item in Zotero" vs. "Save to Zotero as new item". (c.f. https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/70058/saving-a-link-on-a-page-to-zotero#latest)
- Attach file to existing item (via URL attached to item) https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/70809/attach-file-from-url-to-existing-item#latest
- Connector to handle more than one attachment (Edit 2018-05-04: added here)(https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/70932/can-the-zotero-connector-import-more-than-one-pdf)
4.1 Better change tracking:
- https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/71735/change-tracking (Edit 2018-05-04: planned for future version of Zotero)
Edit (2018-11-25): tag colours https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/74774/feature-request-colours#latest