Zotero/better navigation between panes
How do you move between panes?
- cmd-shift-L sets focus to left pane
- tab moves you through the panes (and also allows you to access the right pane, see Zotero).
The following require Zutilo, which allows extra key bindings (under Zutilo preferences, shortcuts):
- Edit item info: Select the "Info" tab in the item pane.
- Note: Not possible to navigate to note tab, without adding a note. That's not so bad, because "right arrow" in the middle pane opens the notes
- Add tag: Select the "Tags" tab of the item pane. Open a textbox for creating a new tag.
- Add related item: Select the "Related" tab of the item pane. Open the dialog for adding related items. - This opens the dialogue - but you can press escape to close it, and thus just see that tab.
you can assign a keyboard shortcut to document.getElementById('zotero-view-tabbox').tabs.advanceSelectedTab(1,true); to cycle through tabs (-1 if you want to cycle backwards) and if you want to assign a shortcut to a specific tab use .selectedIndex = 0 instead of .advanceSelectedTab... where the number is the index of the tab (0 based)
There appears to be no command to switch to middle pane, but:
- tab gets you there from the left pane
- and esc gets you there from the right pane (also long as an item is selected for editing) (you can also shift-tab)
It would obviously be really nice if these were all built into the Zotero preferences, so that one could assign keyboard shortcuts very straight forwardly.